This week’s poem by Honestly Me’s very own, Shanisha, is for all those who worry.
You can follow her on instagram @shanishabwrites
This is the last installment to Feature Friday for #NationalPoetryMonth. You can subscribe to be notified when more blogs are posted or follow us on IG @honestlyme_blog
Keep Being Honest,
- I pray doubt doesn’t confine me
My indecisiveness is often clouded with dreams.
- I pray I have the audacity to hope
It’s strange to feel faith in the face of despair.
- I pray certainty saves me from myself
Wish I could pick a choice. Make it mine.
- I pray wisdom finds its place within the life I lead
This thing called knowledge is attractive.
- I pray I don’t become lonely
Preservation is a skill and a curse.
- I pray God sends a man my way
Black, Degreed, Paid, Strong, Consistent, Prayed Up…
I may be asking too much.
- I pray my writing lasts
Temporary impacts breed hate.
- I pray I fail enough to stay humble
(see #4’s reasoning)
- I pray my fear run scared
I am impressed by its thirst for ruin.
- I pray prayer be my weapon
When emotions blare louder than truth.
- I pray obedience be my 1stchoice
Freedom has a way of shining up reality.
- I pray my next steps are bold even if my flesh disagrees.